You simply don't, when born 99 years ago
In memory of my mother, Evlin, who died peacefully this week after a full and stylish 99 years of life.
Advice from Evlin
- Cross your legs at the knee
- Smoke in public
- Forget to bring, on arrival at someone's home, a small gift; the gift should be homemade
- Pierce your ears
- Carry Kleenex
- Wear a suede jacket without putting a scarf between the collar and your neck
- Wear too much lipstick...
- ...BUT don't let your lipstick wear off!
- Be caught in houseclothes or loungewear when your husband comes home
- Comment about whose designs you're wearing or (the absolute worst) the price
Have you heard? It's in the stars,
Next July we collide with Mars!
Well, did you evah?
What a swell party this is!
What a swella-gent, elegant party this is!