Sunday, October 19, 2008

Notice anything new, dear?

When I was small, I had an imaginary friend, a teddy bear who marched behind me to school. Teddy lent promise and comfort, he had my back. Around the fourth grade, Teddy fell back to simply being a bear, a beloved bear who still lives in my house.

Now, I like to concoct imaginary outfits, and daydream that I might wear them. I don't feel covetous, just appreciative.

My fantasy outfits always start with the jewelery, like this exquisite pair of Cathy Waterman green tourmaline earrings. The drops, nearly 2 inches long, are set with rose cut and pear stones (13.51ct tw) in 22K gold, $4,750.

Which I will wear with the Alexander McQueen Chevron dress, $1670 from Bergdorf Goodman.

In my dream, I can always wear heels,
so I'll choose these Prada peep-toe pumps, $650 from Neiman Marcus. The mix of gray and chocolate is so Italian.

There, all dressed!

7 comments:

materfamilias said...

So sophisticated, and really, this imaginary outfit would be cheap at twice the price!

WendyB said...

I like your style!

Karen said...

Duchesse, Someday you will have to share your amazing photo-wrapped text skills with me. You are a great blogger, in both content and graphic style...I also suggest you play around with Polyvore if you like to make "fantasy" outfits. It is so fun!!! K

cybill said...

Oh I do this too! Everything fits in fantasy land and its all affordable but more importantly Duchesse, I need to borrow your fantasy outfit for a fantasy dinner date I have, is that ok?

Duchesse said...

Cybill: Should things, um, progress on your date, the lingerie under this is of course La Perla.

Karen: I just use the photo import tool on blogspot and move it around till it looks OK. I'm having trouble with Polyvore, it doesn't seem to be Mac friendly- or I need more help than the tutorial is giving.

Deja Pseu said...

Ooh, those earrings are TDF. That's a lovely ensemble, the stuff of dreams.

Karen said...

Duchesse, the Polyvore thing can be absolutely maddening. If it weren't for my 11 year old kid, I would be lost....Keep trying, and read their blog for help. Or ask me.