My mini-meme answers are,
If I had a billion dollars I would...
1. Buy a small, welcoming house, in a real neighbourhood of Paris; I want to hang out with all kinds of people. Maybe here, the Villas des Lilas in Belleville. Le Duc and I will live here part time. (As a writer once said, "Anyone who gets a bit of money f---s off to Paris.")
2. Start a foundation or simply endow one that's doing on-the-ground work where people need food, clean water and health care to live a dignified life. Then my "job" will be working with the foundation. I'll also endow music schools for kids in need, writers' retreats, and other arts-related endeavours.
3. Oh I sound so damn noble! I do love gems. I'll find a string of magically deep glowing pearls and wear them every day... and of course remove them when I get massages any time I please, via house calls.
I'll buy my friends wonderful just-because gifts but sometimes have them delivered anonymously because they're not billionaires too, are they?
Next item: Three Bad Habits:
- Saying what I think without considering the effect
- Losing sight of the impermanence of life
- Granola bars (they can ride in my briefcase)
- Lindt Orange Intense Chocolate bars
- Vodka martini, extra dry