Ten inches of snow headed our way today. Sun a distant memory. Things will close and the city will crawl, everything white and quiet.
Things to get you through, some for us who live in chilly climes, some for everyone with winter fatigue.
1. Gold Rockwell Ring (plated) from Bernice (search thebeside on etsy), $150 on sale. Got to look good shoveling out.
2. Phillip Lim lamb fur sweater jacket, $1200, Barneys New York. (Pricey, but I am crazy about it.)
3. Amadou et Miriam, "Welcome to Mali" CD, $16
4. Soma Mayan Hot Chocolate, $5 (at Soma Chocolate, Toronto) or $4.75 for 75g by mail order.
5. Golightly Cashmere Watch Cap, $155; they call it "the finest hat on the planet" and I agree. Mine is red but I'm eyeing the other two dozen colours.
6. Reading for a Snow Day:
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, by Steig Larsson, $25
7. Sheepskin insoles, really the most divine things in boots or sport shoes. $15 from Sheepskin.com.