Spring shoes: Michel Perry's strict and sassy

Today I'm wearing a pair of black patent J.M. Weston loafers, and when spring comes will switch to an ecru and latte version, designed by stellar shoe designer Michel Perry.

Weston's small women's line, Alter Ego, is unapologetically influenced by their men's styles and extremely well-made.

If you like this "men's for women" sort of thing, pause to admire these suede and patent oxfords:

J.M. Weston designed by Michel Perry

Others might prefer a distinctly femmy shoe, and with Perry, you can have your shoe candy both ways. His own boutiques (on Paris' rue de Grenelle and rue St Honoré) are home to marvels of the shoemaker's art.

One of the most refined oxfords I've ever seen, the Teddy:


The whimsical yet versatile grey Rain or Shine cloud pump:





That's a metal heel on this two-toned patent Jackie pump:





And panther print! Isn't the Sunkiss the ideal shoe for a summer fête?





It's not as simple as strict and flat at Weston, femmy and heeled at his own boutique; look at this Nomade sandal with chain detail and what he calls a "triple leather sole", with all those metallic bits. 




Nantucket "golf sandal": can't see the heel height but charmed by the kiltie tie.


Shades, a flat sandal in lemon and black leather, would be my choice if I were in Paris this spring as originally planned, instead of moving:



Perry's shoes take me to shoe heaven, and shoe heaven in spring is an enchanting place to shop–or just dream.

Comments

coffeeaddict said…
This is utter torture! There isn't a single pair I wouldn't want. These are extremely sophisticated but have that toungue in cheek quality I look for in a shoe.
Since I no longer buy leather goods they are a no go for me. But boy did you get me drooling ;-)
Toby Wollin said…
Wow. Except for the fact that these undoubted do NOT come in a 6 Wide, I'd got crazy for all of them. Lucky me - all temptation is removed.
NancyDaQ said…
Lovely, lovely. It's nice to see such beautiful shoes in a variety of heel heights.
Susan B said…
Oh, those are so amazing. I love the look of menswear shoes, but find they just look too Miss Marple on me. I'm adding this to my list of places to try and visit next trip.
materfamilias said…
That Sunkiss! I think those might be the perfect Mother-of-the-Bride shoe. And featuring this post and very tempting address right before I'm heading off . . . I'd better go double-check my case to make sure there'll be room to bring these home.

I've been getting much mileage from a pair of Brown's black patent brogues, but yours look much sleeker. And the loafers -- Lisa would approve!
Anonymous said…
Yummy. Just noticed several appealing girly/menswear looks on the sale pages of J. Crew's site. The Odeon high-heeled blush-and-brass suede oxford is, I think, particularly dreamy--and on sale for $99!

C.
Duchesse said…
All: In the midst of house showings cannot reply individually but must say you are a group of perspicacious shoe admirers! And to think a few of us will actually be at the boutique before long, oh makes my heart sing.
Duchesse said…
Anonymous/C.: Whoa, that's a great looking oxford, and with a peep toe, sassy for spring.
Seattle said…
Check out Gravitypope - Sale - Paul Smith's "Claudette lace up pump toe cap". Would LOVE these, too.
Duchesse said…
Seattle: Whoa. Whew. Dizzy with shoe lust.
materfamilias said…
Congrats! What a relief to have that behind you . . .now it's full steam ahead, right?
Rubiatonta said…
Oh, shoes! My greatest weakness... even more than silver jewelry. In my fantasy shoe closet, I'd have one of each of these, plus the coordination to walk on the high heels.

Thanks for taking me to shoe heaven!
Susan Tiner said…
I like the lemon and black leather sandals very much. Not so much the men's for women styles.

Sandals make me happy :-)
Mardel said…
Oh my! I adore men's shoes for women and adore JM Weston, especially as envisioned by Michel Perry. How I wish I was going to Paris. Best I am not as I want to try on all the shoes. At least Weston is a possibility

The posts with the most