|Merino v-neck, Hermès pointu|
The clothes and the temps (18C today!) have not lined up, a burst of golden Indian summer causing everyone to cavort in shorts and t-shirt one last time.
Have not been able to wear several items, just too heavy, and I'm not willing to cheat...yet.
So, working about 6 items hard: two lightweight matte jersey skirts, the black techno pant, the two light merino v-necks, and lightweight grey wool tunic. (Considered swapping a wool sweater for an identical one in silk but really want to see this experiment through.)
In the photo, one of the merinos and the pointu, a useful wisp of accessory. But temps will slide down after today and the dusty pink cardi and black cashmere sweater are thrumming on the runway.
What I've learned after two weeks:
- On a capsule wardrobe, forgetting to pick something up at the cleaner's is a big deal
- Missing wearing a few things desperately but have kind of forgotten about 70% of my clothes
- Deeply enjoying the less-is-more life
- If I were in an office environment I'd likely feel more pressure to display more variety- Got a navy manicure. It has to come out somewhere.
- Hallowee'n is Sunday night and I'm using my Free Pass to be a '50s car hop, in none of the Express Checkout clothes! How about a root beer, honey?
How's it going for those of you hanging in?