Scottish saint inspires heirloom bracelet

There's a great deal of 'pretty' jewelery out there. Some will please for a season, some for years. Occasionally I see something that transcends the term "accessory", and seems imbued with meaning and purpose- yet is decorative. This is one of those pieces.

From Scottish luxury goods site Thistle and Broom, the St. Magnus Bracelet, designed to evoke features of the St. Magnus Cathedral, on Orkney's Mainland.


Each bracelet is made to order with your choice, for the seven cabuchons, of Scottish agates, marbles and gems (amethyst, quartz) hand cut and polished by Renato Forno, and set into silver by Hamilton and Inches. Hand engraving is offered for inside the bracelet. Price, approximately £1430.

"The St. Magnus bracelet is powerful, it's sensuous, it is at once both timeless and modern, and it is almost heart-wrenching to take it from your wrist. The combination of precious metals, semi-precious stones and bespoke Scottish hand craftsmanship make The St. Magnus Bracelet unlike anything else in the luxury goods market today."
- from Thistle and Broom

Comments

Frugal Scholar said…
Just gorgeous. I myself have always wanted one of those Orkney Island chairs--two would be nicer.
materfamilias said…
That's absolutely stunning!
As for the "beyond accessory" bit, that's somewhat how I feel about my First Nations bracelet and the figures/story/iconography carved on it. I feel similarly bereft when I take it off and a bit distracted if I leave it off for the day. But if I had one of these beauties, I could deal . . .
Susan B said…
That's a stunning piece.
Kelee Katillac said…
Straight from Arthurian legend by way of Star Trek...mythical and FAB!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous said…
It's lovely - I love cuffs. If I could afford it I would never take it off!
sallymandy said…
Gorgeous. Thank you.

The posts with the most