UdeMan: Ram Dass

Must be something about turning 60; I am re-reading Ram Dass after decades.

"Aging is the opportunity for growth. It’s the greatest learning we have. All our old desires are off our backs, finally. We’re quiet. We aren’t dancing to the culture’s dream. And we are silent inside. That silence is there so we can hear our intuitive wisdom."

"I used to have a sign over my computer that read OLD DOGS CAN LEARN NEW TRICKS, but lately I sometimes ask myself how many more new tricks I want to learn. Wo
uldn’t it be easier just to be outdated?”

"Learn to watch your drama unfold while at the same time knowing you are more than your drama."


"I'd rather be free than right."

Comments

So funny. I am rereading Campbell's "Hero with a Thousand Faces" and it seems like a different book than the one I read over 20 years ago. Or, is it me that has changed?;-)
p.s. If I missed your bday, Happy Belated Bday!!!
Anjela's Day said…
Hah hah I am finding in my 50s that I can read a book and pick it up again a year later and not realize it is the same book I read.

The posts with the most